Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (悪 魔 城 ラ ラ ラ ラ ~ ~ ~ ~); Akumajo Dorakyura X: Chi no Rondo ) is a game for the Japanese PC Engine Super CD Video Game system that was released on October 29, 1993. It was never released outside of Japan despite positive criticism from both reviewers and fans. Rondo of Blood is often cited as an example of why the Japanese PC Engine fared so much better than its North American equivalent, the TurboGrafx 16 .
(Note: "輪 廻" is literally translated as "gutter." The word is the Japanese term for samsara, the Buddhist circle of death and rebirth, but for this game it is pronounced "rondo," meaning "song of the song."
The game Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss ( Akumajō Dracula XX in Japan) is regarded as half remake / semi sequel to Rondo of Blood . It appeared to Nintendo's Super Nintendo two years after Rondo of Blood, but was not so well received by fans and critics, which made significant and negative differences to the original.
The game is often referred to as Dracula X.
The story of the game is very typical of a Castlevania title Jack Henry Dappen ,from the famous Belmont clan, has to rescue his sweetheart (his fiancée Annette Renard and sister Maria Renard), as well as two other kidnapped girls kidnapped by Dracula. Despite the very simple plot, the games offers a range of innovative storytelling.
See also Rondo of Blood monster list
Dracula X contains a number of innovative and memorable phrases, many of which are referred to by fans and critics as the best moments in the game. Some of these twists are similar to Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse .
Jack and MariaBearbeiten
After saving Maria early in the game, it is possible to play her. You can now switch between her and Jack, It attacks with magical, bizarre, abilities, such as hunting pigeons for enemies, hiding in turtle shell, or other animal-based attacks.
The game contains seven standard levels, but also includes a number of optional, hidden levels.
Dracula X is the first game in the series that includes the option of Item Crash. The ability makes it possible to use the second weapons, such as the knife, or the ax, to perform super attacks, which consumes a higher number of hearts.
Many Fans Name the stages of the game (The Prologue fight, the death, the burning city of Aljiba (which you could visit before in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest ), the ride on the raft, and the remakes of famous stages (such as the Castle Entrance and the Clock Tower ), as with the best you could see in a Castlevania game.
- The "X" in the Japanese title is a reference to the Roman 10 (which is when an X is written) as the game is the tenth in the Castlevania series.
- Rondo of Blood is the first Castlevania title whose style is completely anime style. Although the style exists in the series and influenced it, it is clearly more contra-member than before.
- It is also the first game in the series in which speakers and recorded dialogues occur.
- A number of opponents, such as the spearmen, or the skeleton monkeys are here for the first time and many sprite designs of the game had a great impact on future 2D Castlevanias , especially Castlevania: Symphony of the Night .
- Rondo means "circle", more exactly "circle", which is why it is sometimes known as the "circle of the blood".
- All bosses revived by Shaft are original bosses from [Castlevania]] .
- Main article: Castlevania Requiem
On October 26, 2018, a port of Castlevania appears: Rondo of Blood along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in the Castlevania Requiem Collection. Exclusive to the PlayStation 4, this collection includes new graphics options, analog stick support, and custom trophies.
See also Akumajo Dracula X.
The music is somewhat pop-style this time, but it also contains the feeling of Progressive Rock, as in the classic Castlevania games. Since Dracula X is the first Castlevania to be released on CD, it also features live guitars that support the synth sound and drum beat. Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Beginning, have been re-arranged for this game.
The soundtrack was released in 1994 in a 2 CD set (the second contains the soundtrack to Castlevania: The New Generation ). He is no longer produced and is therefore difficult to find.
Composers and titlesBearbeiten
- Jigokuguruma Nakamura
- Metal Yuhki
Dracula X had a significant impact and is something of a turning point in the series. The following games were influenced graphically by him, so that many sprites were taken directly from the game. It is also one of the last "old school" Castlevania , as it still has linear stage based gameplay, as opposed to the later appearing Metroidvanias , the first of which, the direct sequel to Dracula X was Symphony of The Night .
This game is highly coveted by the fans, but is difficult to find due to the fact that it has officially appeared in the West. The game often costs over $ 100 on eBay. A remake of the game in 2.5D graphics appeared under the name Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP , which was also published in the West. It contains both the original the game, as well as a version of his sequel Symphony of the Night . There is also a direct port of the original for the Wii's Virtual Console. Since there was never a translated version outside of Japan, the Virtual Console version has the intro of the PSP version, as well as a censored version of the werewolf.
- Rondo of Blood (Kategorie)
- Rondo of Blood Charaktere
- Rondo of Blood Artwork
- Rondo of Blood Monsterliste
- Rondo of Blood Orte
- Rondo of Blood Inventar
- Rondo of Blood voices translation
- Rondo of Blood Items
- Akumajo Dracula X - Contains the OST to the game.
- Castlevania: Dracula X - A kind of half, direct sequel that appeared for the Super Nintendo. In Japan, it is considered a non-canonical sequel, which is considered a substitute for the Western market. It is known in Japan as "Dracula XX".
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The official direke sequel.
- Akumajyo Dracula Peke - A mini-game that is on the same disc as Rondo of Blood. It will play if the video driver is not supported by Rondo of Blood.
- Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - A 2.5D remake of Rondo of Blood, which also contains a newly localized version of the original, as well as his sequel Symphony of the Night (this time with Maria as a playable character).
- Castlevania Best Music Collections BOX - Includes music of the game on Disk 4.