Aguni is the embodiment of fire, a primitive god which was captured by Dracula's magic inside an alternate world which can only by accessed by entering through a mirror. Aguni is the main source of the pyrokinetic powers Dario Bossi controls in Dawn of Sorrow, and must be defeated instead of him to be able to get to the real ending of the game.
Agni is a Hindu and Vedic deity. The word agni is Sanskrit for "fire" (noun), cognate with Latin ignis (the root of English "ignite"), Russian ogon (pronounced agon: "fire"), and ogni (pronounced agni: "fires"). Agni has three forms: fire, lightning and the sun.
Agni is one of the most important of the Vedic gods. He is the god of fire and the acceptor of sacrifices. The sacrifices made to Agni go to the deities because Agni is a messenger from and to the other gods. He is ever-young, because the fire is re-lit every day, yet he is also immortal.
His cult survived the change of the ancient Vedic fire worship into modern Hinduism. The sacred fire-drill (agnimathana) for procuring the temple-fire by friction (symbolic of Agni's daily miraculous birth) is still used.
Aguni first appears in Dawn of Sorrow when Celia Fortner decides that Dario is completely outmatched by Soma Cruz. In order to grant Dario enough power to defeat Soma, he bonds his soul with Aguni, and by doing this, he greatly increases his pyrokinetic powers. Soma uses the power of Paranoia to enter the mirror behind Dario and destroy Aguni. If the player decides to defeat Dario directly (and getting a bad ending), then Soma will seal Dario's power with a magic seal, which will cause Aguni to overload Dario and destroy him from within.
Aguni's soul allows Soma to unleash the Aguni Fire, which sends a shockwave of flames in a forward direction on the ground. This soul is very similar to the Frozen Shade soul, except that Aguni's travels across the ground much faster.
Aguni also appears in Portrait of Ruin as a sub-boss found in the coliseum-like secret portrait: Nest of Evil.
- Aguni will attempt to smash the player with his claws three times in a row. There's enough time between these attacks for Soma to slid away or simply run between them if he's cornered.
- Aguni will hover in mid-air and spit a series of flames which will traverse across the floor. These flames can be jumped over and the player may take this opportunity to damage him while he's suspended in the air.
- Aguni will fly upward and off the screen, then come down a moment later and dive into the floor, creating two large waves of flames that will traverse across the floor, one on each direction.
- Aguni will briefly stop in mid-air, and then make large swoops across the room, back and forth, in a pendulum-like pattern.
- Aguni may be an incorrect translation of the name "Agni", although it could also be a pun on the word "agony".
|Enemy Data: Aguni|
|Image||Name - Game|
|A being that is the embodiment of fire.|| Strong: Fire|
| Soul: Aguni Fire|| The Pinnacle|
|A primitive god of fire, captured by Dracula's magic.|| Strong: Fire|
Skill Pt: 70
| Nest of Evil|
|Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow|
|Soma Cruz • Mina Hakuba • Julius Belmont • Yoko Belnades • Genya Arikado (Alucard) • Hammer|
|Celia Fortner • Dario Bossi • Dmitrii Blinov • Soma Cruz (Julius Mode)|
|Flying Armor • Balore • Malphas • Puppet Master • Rahab • Gergoth • Zephyr • Bat Company|
Paranoia • Aguni • Abaddon • Death • Menace
|The Lost Village • Wizardry Lab • Garden of Madness • The Dark Chapel • Demon Guest House • Condemned Tower|
Cursed Clock Tower • Subterranean Hell • Silenced Ruins • The Pinnacle • Mine of Judgment • The Abyss
|Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow & Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Original Soundtrack|
|DoubleJump Books Dawn of Sorrow Official Strategy Guide|
Konami Akumajō Dracula: Sōgetsu no Jūjika Official Guide
|Bestiary • Inventory • Julius Mode • Voice Translations|