|Warning! This article is about a game or project that either was officially canceled or is rumored to be canceled due to the lack of information for an extended period of time.|
The tentatively called PS3 XBOX360 Akumajō Dracula (PS3 XBOX360 悪魔城ドラキュラ PS3 XBOX360 Akumajō Dorakyura?) is a game that was announced by Konami in 2008. Only a short teaser featuring Alucard was shown for the game in 2008 at the Tokyo Game Show. There has been no official word on the status of the project since then.
At the Tokyo Game Show of 2008, a teaser clip was shown for a new Castlevania game that was being designed for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 home consoles. It featured a short video of Alucard, with red eyes materializing a red flaming sword out of thin air (possibly the Muramasa). The Japanese text translates as "Embracing darkness with a cursed bloodline. He betrayed his kind and destroyed his father. A bloodstained fate.", which could be hinting at Alucard being the main character of the game.
It is likely this game has been canceled. It was announced that producer Koji Igarashi wasn't going to develop a 3D Castlevania game. As a result, several pitches for a new 3D game were presented. Ultimately, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was chosen to become the next Castlevania game on PS3 and Xbox 360.
With the departure of Igarashi from Konami and the release of the Lords of Shadow games, the project is most likely confirmed to be canceled.
- See also: PS3XBox360 Teaser Snapshots
Teaser video at the E3 2008 panel of Koji Igarashi
- Alucard's design and 3D model was recycled for Pachislot Akumajō Dracula III. It is unknown if the 3D models of Sypha and Trevor were meant to feature in this canceled game too.
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse — This game was possibly intended to be linked to Dracula's Curse. (unconfirmed)
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night — This game was possibly intended to be linked to Symphony of the Night. (unconfirmed)
- Castlevania: Nocturne of Recollection — It is possible that this game was intended to be related to this 2008 audio drama and feature characters introduced in it. (unconfirmed)
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Another PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game, released in October 2010.