Blue Fangs (ブルーファングス Burū Fangusu?) is a minor antagonist in the Netflix original series, Castlevania. He was a demon in Dracula's army who killed the Bishop. He was later slain by Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades.
He was voiced by Fred Tatasciore in the English version of the show.
Blue Fangs was a powerful demon that led the night horde in purging Gresit. Despite his appearance, Blue Fangs is highly intelligent. He possesses a strong vocabulary and understanding of morality. He seems to fully understand his own evil nature and hates hypocrisy. And unlike many of his fellow demon night creatures, he was able to easily understand that the Bishop's self serving and disgusting actions done in God's name effectively rendered the church that the Bishop resided in and its protection against demons worthless, as he knew God despised the Bishop and his actions.
Later, his intelligence and understanding of human emotions is further seen where he was able to easily see through the Bishop's attempts to cover his actions as "God's work" and is shown to take immense joy in breaking the Bishop's false self-righteousness before eating him, and was stated to be grateful to the Bishop due to his actions making it possible for him and his kind to be summoned to Earth. In battle, though, Blue Fangs is a feral butcher, delighting in tearing humans apart with his fangs and claws.
- "God is not here. This is an empty box." ("Monument")
- "Your God's love is not unconditional. He does not love us. And He does not love you." ("Monument")
- "Your life's work makes Him puke." - Blue Fangs to the Bishop in "Monument".
- "Your God knows that we wouldn't be here without you. This is all your fault, isn't it?" ("Monument")
- "Lies? In your house of God?" ("Monument")
- "There's an army of us! An army... from hell!" ("Monument")
- Blue Fangs is apparently based to some extent on the Warg enemy from the games.
- In the French version, he is simply called "Demon".
- While he may have been lying to the Bishop in order to break his mind, Blue Fangs does seem to possess some understanding of the Bible, as he remarked that burning people accused of witchcraft made God sick.
- This may also be a reference to The Merchant of Venice, where it's said that "the Devil can cite scripture for his purpose", which also implies that demons can be well versed in the Bible and have extensive knowledge of God's will despite not following Him.
- Given the blue glow in his eyes and fangs, it's possible that the one who forged him was Hector.
- Blue Fangs' Japanese voice actor, Kenshiro Usuki, also voiced Bosha.