The game Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles includes a port of the entire Castlevania: Symphony of the Night game, which can be unlocked by finding an item in the main game. The re-localized North American version includes items that had been dropped from the original PlayStation version and includes new dialogue that more closely matches the original Japanese dialogue, as well as new voiceovers using the same voice actors who appeared in the main game. This version also has a Japanese voice track in addition to the redone English track. The game does also feature redone sound effects. A new playable version of Maria was created for this edition as well, which plays more like her Castlevania: Rondo of Blood version rather than her Sega Saturn incarnation.
New character profiles
- Main article: Alucard/Symphony of the Night
Born of the union between Count Dracula and a human. His androgynous beauty and delicate build belie tremendous physical prowess and a mastery of the dark arts. Though a melancholy and taciturn youth, he is intelligent and level-headed.
- Main article: Lisa
Alucard's mother, and the only woman that Count Dracula ever loved. Her attempts to save her village from a plague with hand-made medicines saw her tried and killed as a witch.
- Main article: Dracula/Symphony of the Night
Alucard's father, lord of the cursed Castlevania, said to reappear once every 100 years, though count and castle alike were destroyed by Richter Belmont 5 years ago. Dracula stands supreme over the world's evil with his unparalleled black sorcery.
- Main article: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles/Script
|Item Data: New Items (edit)|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Summons "Fairy" Familiar|| Relic (Familiar)|
| Find: Olrox's Quarters|
|Summons "N Demon" Familiar|| Relic (Familiar)|
| Find: Colosseum|
New playable character
- Main article: Maria Renard/Symphony of the Night/DXC
A new version of Maria was created for this game that differs from the one that appeared in the Sega Saturn version of the game. She plays similarly to the way she does in the main Dracula X Chronicles game and in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.
- The boss fight with Maria (from the Saturn version) is included in this port.
- The price of the Castle Map was changed from $103 of the PlayStation version to $105. This references the increase of the Japanese consumption tax from the years these two versions were released.
- An option in the main game allows the player to customize the screen area in Symphony of the Night, such as stretching, or keeping the 4:3 ratio.
- An option in the main game allows the player to choose between the English or Japanese voiceovers, which also applies to this port.
- The song played during the credits, "I am the Wind" is replaced with "Mournful Serenade".