Courtyards are large, enclosed extensions of terrain open to the sky which are often surrounded by a building or complex, such as the castle's ramparts. Their function is generally to connect the castle, or any other big residence, with the drawbridge. Patios with statues and fountains, and some vegetation like trees and bushes, can generally be found in these outdoor places.
Avian enemies can usually be encountered in them, such as Eagles and Ravens, and it's not uncommon that flocks with infinite numbers of these types of enemies attack the hero or even carry and drop other enemies for them to contend with.
- Castlevania — Block 3
- Vampire Killer — Block 3
- Super Castlevania IV — The Ruined Mansion
- Castlevania Chronicles — The Courtyard
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood — O Lord, Please Give Me Strength
- Castlevania: Dracula X — Courtyard
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness — Mortvia Aqueduct, Eneomaos Machine Tower
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow — Castle Courtyard
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate — Courtyard