- Using the tip of the Vampire Killer, left by his father in Carmilla's heart, and the remains of two other swords, Alucard forged Crissaegrim. An extremely lethal weapon molded in the likeness of its owner, retaining all of the power of the originals in its alloy. From the Vampire Killer, it retains the ability to punish its peers, paralyzing them in a state of infinite agony. From Glaciem and Igneas, the elemental swords for the underworld, it inherits the icy ability to absorb life and the burning intensity of flames capable of melting any armor. When the cold hands of its bearer so require, the broadsword unleashes all of the energy of these weapons, enabling it to give new meaning in the act of severing limbs.
After defeating his father Dracula with the help of his son Simon Belmont, Alucard returned to his old tomb. There he found the broken off stake attachment of his father's old weapon, the Vampire Killer, broken off in the fight against Carmilla. Alucard escaped the castle as it crumbled to ruin and began plotting to create a weapon to match the rest of the stake.
Alucard would later forge his powerful sword, the Crissaegrim, from the stake attachment and the remains of two other powerful swords: a cursed rapier called Glaciem that simultaneously freezes its enemies and heals the wielder, and the demonic flame blade Igneas, a sword that carves into armor and turns those cut with it into ashes.
Five hundred years later, Alucard confronted his father armed with the Crissaegrim. Although the weapon wasn't powerful enough to kill Dracula, it was able to seal him away in a death like state. The sword was used to stab Dracula through the chest and seal him away following the failure of the assault on Bernhard Castle by the Brotherhood of Light and its Paladin, as part of a plot envisioned by Alucard and agreed upon by Dracula to defeat Zobek and Satan once and for all.
Another five hundred years later, in modern times, Alucard reclaimed the weapon to reawaken his father and then used it to go to war with the castle's avatar to reclaim the Chaos Claws and Void Sword, and place them in reach of their master. After the death of Zobek's Lieutenant, Alucard appeared to forego his use of the weapon in favor of the Masamune to complete his disguise as the lieutenant, although he likely still has it.
Powers and propertiesEdit
Since it was forged from three different and very powerful weapons, the Crissaegrim stands out as one of the most powerful weapons in the Lords of Shadow continuity. The stake of the Vampire Killer used in its forging allows Alucard to seal his father and presumably other beings of his caliber into deep sleeps that can last until the sword is removed, and leaves them without complete memory and their power fractured, although it's not powerful enough to truly strike down Dracula, as it was only made from a piece of the true Vampire Killer.
The Glaciem fragments forged into the blade give icy properties to the blade and Alucard's own attacks, allowing him to not only temporarily freeze his enemies, but drain their life force much like his father's Void Power, although it sacrifices striking power for enhanced speed.
The Igneas fragments used in the blade's forging embody it with powerful flames that enhance the sword's striking power, allowing it to shatter or overheat armor, while imbuing flames into Alucard's attack, although these bonuses are weighed down by the fact the blade becomes much heavier and slower.
Alucard can summon and dispel the blade at will, storing it away so it won't impede his travels, and call it at a moment's notice when needed for battle.
|Item Data: Crissaegrim|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Basic Stab Skills|
|Series of quick, direct stabbing attacks executed with the [Void Sword / sword] against a single target.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Direct Attack] x5|
|Direct rising cut that can lift up smaller enemies in front of you, allowing additional attacks to be added whilst airborne.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Jump] [Direct Attack]|
|Series of direct cutting attacks executd in the air. Linking hits with this combo keeps you suspended in the air to combine them with other moves.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: In the air: [Direct Attack] x 3|
|Advanced Stab Skills|
|Press and hold the [Direct Attack] button to start a sequence of heavy direct attacks. Repeated [Direct Attack] button presses will add further hits to the combo resulting in a Block Breaker. Upgrade: The number of attacks available in the combo is increased with this upgrade.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ??? (requires Combined Stab)|| Sequence: Hold [Direct Attack] [Direct Attack] x 3 (x 4 after upgrade)]]|
|Press and hold the [Direct Attack] button while airborne to use this direct cut as a finisher in any aerial attack sequence. Your sword will smash down on any enemies in front of you as you land. Good for dissipating enemies on the ground and to drag down airborne foes! Upgrade: Hold the [Direct Attack] button longer to perform [an expansive Freezing Blow (Void Sword) / a powerful blow (Crissaegrim)] after landing the Smashing Stab.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ??? (requires Aerial Stab)|| Sequence: In the air: Hold [Direct Attack]|
| Void Sword: Dive with the Void Sword to generate an explosion capable of elevating enemies from the ground. Useful to buy some time when surrounded.
Crissagrim: Dive with the sword that generates a great explosion capable of elevating nearby enemies. Useful to buy time against a group of adversaries
| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ??? (requires Whirlwind)|| Sequence: In the air: [Block] + [Direct Attack]|
|Immediately after a Synchronized Block, you can unleash a devastating direct counter attack.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ??? (requires Combined Stab)|| Sequence: After a Synchronized Block: [Direct Attack] x 3 (on ground or in air)|
|While blocking with [Block] use the jump button to leap over and land behind your enemy.|| Skill (Shadow Whip, Void Sword, Dark Gauntlet)|
|Buy: 150 XP|| Sequence: [Block] + [Jump]|
|After leaping over enemies using a Somersault, immediately press [Direct Attack] repeatedly to attack them from behind before they can react. Especially useful against enemies blocking your blows.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
|Buy: ??? (requires Counterstrike Stab and Somersault)|| Sequence: After a Somersault: [Direct Attack] x 3|
|Unique Stab Skills|
|Basic Cut Skills|
| Void Sword: A linked series of cutting area attacks less powerful than the Combined Stab attacks but useful to restore your health quickly against numerous enemies. |
Crissaegrim: A combined series of area cutting attacks, less powerful than the Combined Stab, but very useful against a large group of enemies.
| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Area Attack] x 4|
|Area rising cut that can lift up all smaller enemies around you, allowing additional attacks to be added whilst airborne.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: [Jump] [Area Attack]|
|Series of cutting attacks executed in the air. Linking hits with this combo keeps you suspended in the air allowing you to combine them with other moves.|| Skill (Void Sword, Crissaegrim)|
| First Obtained: Start with when weapon available|| Sequence: In the air: [Area Attack] x 3|
|Advanced Cut Skills|
|Unique Cut Skills|
- It's unknown what Alucard did with the Crissaegrim after donning his disguise, as he's using a different sword, the Masamune, in modern times in his disguise as the Lieutenant.
- It's possible that he still has the sword but isn't using it to avoid giving himself away to Zobek.
- This incarnation of the Crissaegrim also looks incredibly similar to the Igneas Blade, one of the swords used to forge Crissaegrim.
- In Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the Crissaegrim is the most powerful sword that Alucard can equip. While it does slightly less damage than the Alucard Sword, it swings extremely fast, allowing to get multiple hits on an enemy. Furthermore, it allows the player to move while attacking.
- One of Alucard's moves with the Crissaegrim resembles his classic counterpart's pose from Symphony of the Night. It's also an incredibly powerful move in its own right, only being second to the ultimate Light and Shadow magics.
- At maximum mastery, the attack effects of the Crissaegrim bear a resemblance to the effects of its classic counterpart and could be a reference.
- The Crissaegrim appears to be based on the scimitar, a sword of Middle Eastern origin.
- The scimitar is designed to be more effective at slashing attacks. A downside to the weapon is that stabbing attacks are less effective due to the upward curve of the blade.