Forests and Woods are environments found outside of the castle. They are featured in games that start outside of the castle, such as Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Dracula's Curse and Order of Ecclesia.
Forests are almost always traversed before entering Dracula's Castle, with the exceptions being Rondo of Blood, Chronicles, in which the castle is exited at certain points, and Portrait of Ruin, in which the two forest areas are featured as paintings instead.
Forests are usually straightforward areas in the games in which they appear - they do not present many traps, aside from the occasional pitfall. Forests often are mixed in with other types of environments as well, though, which may provide further challenges, such as cemeteries or swamps.
Being an area which Dracula doesn't maintain a strong foothold over, most of his more powerful servants do not reside in the forest. Instead, forests are usually filled with basic enemies - basic undead creatures, natural forest-residing animals such as owls, and some monsters spawned of plant life itself.
- Haunted Castle - Graveyard
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - Veros Woods, Jova Woods, Denis Woods, Aljiba Woods, Sadam Woods, Debious Woods, Dora Woods
- Castlevania: The Adventure - Stage 1
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Forest of Darkness
- Super Castlevania IV - Transylvanian Wilds
- Kid Dracula (GB) — Stage 2
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Stage 0, Stage 4'
- Castlevania Chronicles - The Courtyard
- Castlevania Legends - Outside the Castle
- Castlevania (N64) / Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness - Forest of Silence
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Forest of Eternal Night
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Forest of Jigramunt
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Forest of Doom, Dark Academy
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Ruvas Forest, Misty Forest Road
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Veros Woods, Pan's Temple