First appearance of the Frozen Half in the series. She appears in the ice stage of Boku Dracula-kun, running toward Kid Dracula and then slipping into him, in a move that predates Maria's belly slide.
Two Frozen Halves can be found in the Floating Catacombs. Her sprite is a palette swap of the Salem Witch with minor design changes, but the Frozen Half's attack patterns are more in tone with those of the Frozen Shade.
The player should be wise in making a priority dealing with them as soon as possible, as they can throw large chunks of ice at them or, in the worst case scenario, summon a freezing blizzard which covers almost the entire area (even if the room is many times larger than a single screen size), constantly knocking Alucard back while he receives cumulative heavy damage, and at the same time, preventing him from setting a foothold to counterattack.
Her voice also differs from that of the Salem Witch, which is understandable as the Frozen Half is in fact a transgender woman.
|Item Data: Frozen Half|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|DEF +5|| Other (Necklace)|
| DEF +5|| Find: Starts with (and loses), Floating Catacombs|
Drop: Frozen Half
|Restores HP by ice damage|| Head (Crown/Circlet)|
| Attrib: Ice|| INT +10|| Drop: Frozen Half|| Effect: Ice-based attacks of enemies heal Alucard instead of damaging.|
|Feeds a small family|| Item (Food/Meat)|
| HP +120|
Sell: 2S 40C
| Drop: Malachi, Dark Octopus, Frozen Shade, Sniper of Goth, Frozen Half, Cloaked Knight, Winged Guard|
|Golden circlet|| Head (Crown / Circlet)|
| Attrib: All Affinities +1|| DEF +1; INT +2|| Drop: Frozen Half|
- The Frozen Half is one of the few monsters to serve someone other than Dracula, in this case Galamoth.
- Her Symphony of the Night's description citing her as servant of Galamoth is a nod to her original appearance in Boku Dracula-kun, where he was the main antagonist.
- Further reinforcing this reference, she only appears in the Floating Catacombs, where Galamoth is the area boss.
- In the original release of Symphony of the Night, she is referred to as a "new-half ice spirit" in the enemy list's description, while in The Dracula X Chronicles version of the same game, she is referred to as a "transvestite ice spirit".
- The word of Japanese origin "newhalf" (ニューハーフ nyūhāfu?) is used to describe someone who is genetically XY and often has gone through hormone therapy and surgery to reconcile their body presentation with their internal gender.