Galamoth originally was the main antagonist in Kid Dracula and was later introduced in the Castlevania series in 1997's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, where he appears as an optional boss monster who resides in the Floating Catacombs and who has the power to unleash Dark and Thunder attacks from his scepter.
This boss was originally the end boss of Kid Dracula and his appearance in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is one of the toughest battles in the game. He also makes a cameo appearance in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow as an Ability Soul that can see past areas blocked by time. This soul is found after defeating Legion and past the room with the Rippers in the Underground Cemetery.
Galamoth also plays into the plot of Castlevania Judgment as the power behind the main antagonist, although he himself does not actually appear in the game. Galamoth attempts to take the throne by eliminating the time period in which Dracula reigned by sending his minion, the Time Reaper, on what is presumably an assassination mission.
King Garamoth is the main villain in Kid Dracula. He tries to take over Kid Dracula's father's army of undead while he is absent, succeeding in such malevolent task. Kid Dracula then sets on a journey to stop him, aided with some help from Death. After venturing through many different places and overcoming multiple hardships facing his father's old army, he finally arrives to Garamoth's lair and defeats him in a one-on-one battle, after which Garamoth is banished back to his own dimension, not without swearing to get revenge first.
In Symphony of the Night, Galamoth appears as a giant and majestic monster with a plan to take over the Netherworld. He is one of the toughest bosses in the game and uses his scepter to unleash Hit and Thunder attacks in an attempt to defeat Alucard. Alucard eventually destroys him and continues on his quest to defeat his father.
His attacks include:
- Galamoth raises his scepter and fires eight black orbs (92 ATK, Hit).
- Galamoth crouches and uses his scepter to fire a stream of lightning which covers a wide area (98 ATK, Thunder).
- Galamoth fires a crescent-shaped lightning bolt (98 ATK, Thunder).
- Galamoth attempts to kick Alucard (85 ATK, Hit).
Galamoth's main weakness is his head, which has 0 defense, although due to his height it's difficult to hit.
Some of the quickest ways known to defeat Galamoth are either to use the Shield Rod and Alucard Shield combo, or to use one or two Crissaegrims. In addition, equipping the Beryl Circlet will allow Alucard to remain unharmed by Galamoth's lightning magic, turning this normally difficult battle into an easy victory.
While Galamoth himself doesn't appear in Aria of Sorrow, like many other souls from previous enemies, his soul can be acquired as a fixed drop from a soul-keeper found in the depths of the Underground Cemetery (only accessible after defeating Legion).
In this game, Galamoth's soul is an Ability Soul which allows Soma to recognize places in which time has been stopped, gaining with this the means necessary to get past the Chronomage. With the soul acquired, Soma can then return to the long corridor located in the Inner Quarters and dispel the Chronomage's time-stopping magic, gaining with this entry to the castle's children quarters, where the Ancient Book 2 is found.
Galamoth plays into the plot of Castlevania Judgment as the driving force behind the main antagonist, although he himself does not actually appear in the game. Galamoth, described as a being from 10,000 years in the future, attempts to take the throne by eliminating the time period in which Dracula reigned by sending his minion, the Time Reaper, on what is presumably an assassination mission. On his part, Aeon, a time traveler, takes the steps necessary to prevent the Time Reaper from succeeding in carrying out Galamoth's orders.
|Enemy Data: Galamoth|
|Image||Name - Game
|'||Drop: Ebisumaru Coin
||7. Galamoth's Realm|
|'||9. Robot Factory|
|'||Drop: Ebisumaru Coin
||5. Space Elevator|
|'||8. Robot Factory|
|Magical being with plan to rule the netherworld.||Level: 50
|Guard: Life Vessel, Gas Cloud
|''Abil: Lightning Storm - For the next 30 seconds, anytime the player breaks blocks, they take 25 damage per block
Exp: +1 level
|Drop: Alucard Sword
Steal: ~5 gold, 50 silver
|Item Data: Galamoth|
|Image||Name - Game
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Increases the player's maximum HP (life) capacity.||Item (standard)
|Maximum HP + 5
||Find: Found throughout the Castle, often in containers.
Drop: Most bosses.
|Effect: Restore all life and increases Max HP|
|Transform into poisonous cloud||Relic (Form)
||Find: Floating Catacombs
|Effect: Mist Form deals poison damage to enemies upon contact|
|Recognize places in which time has been stopped.||Ability Soul
|Find: Underground Cemetery
- In both Kid Dracula and Kid Dracula (GB), after defeating King Garamoth, the player will be awarded a big coin with the face of Ebisumaru, from the Ganbare Goemon series, printed on it.
- Galamoth's depiction in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, having a dragon or crocodile-like head, holding a scepter and bearing an overall Egyptian motif, has some similarities with Sobek, an ancient Egyptian deity who also bears crocodile traits.
- His name is possibly correctly translated as "Garamoth", with "Galamoth", the name with which he was introduced to western audiences in Symphony of the Night, likely being a case of Engrish, which oftentimes substitutes the letter "r" for "l".
- This is further supported as his name appears as "King Garamoth" in the version of Kid Dracula that is included in the Castlevania Anniversary Collection from 2019, which was officially translated to English by Konami's own localization team.
- Nevertheless, he's still called "Galamoth" in Castlevania Judgment (2008), which can still be considered to be a relatively recent game.
- The time when Galamoth sent the Time Reaper that is mentioned in Castlevania Judgment –10,000 years in the future– coincides with how long Kid Dracula was asleep for in Kid Dracula, where Galamoth is originally from.
- Galamoth's Japanese description in Symphony of the Night: "一万年計画で魔界の王の座を狙う魔神"
|Warriors of the Light|
|Simon • Maria • Trevor • Sypha • Eric • Shanoa • Grant|
|Warriors of the Night|
|Alucard • Cornell • Carmilla • Golem • Death • Dracula • Aeon|
|Zombie • Merman • Minotaur • Iron Gladiator • Giant Squid • Giant Fish • Time Reaper|
|Abbey Ruins • Alchemy Laboratory • Castle Gate • Cathedral • Clock Tower • Crystal Cavern • Dimensional Rift|
Ghost Ship • Throne Room • Torture Chamber
|Darkness of Fear • Castlevania Judgment Original Soundtrack|
|Ultimate Judge Guidebook|
|Bestiary • Inventory • Timeline • True Story Mode|