Greatest Five is the strongest Dual Crush in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. It can only be obtained in a room after defeating the Doppelganger at the end of the Nest of Evil, and involves summoning the spirits (or the Vampire Killer's memories) of Richter, Leon, Trevor, Juste, and Simon Belmont to attack. Each one will unleash a powerful whiplash when he appears onscreen. When the animation ends, the cumulative damage of each strike will be added into one single hit, dealing massive Strike and Holy damage to all enemies. Costs 250 MP per cast.
|Item Data: Greatest Five|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|Summon five legendary warriors to join the battle.|| Dual Crush|
| Attrib: Strike, Holy|
Consume: 250 MP
| Find: Nest of Evil ( )|| Effect: Suspends the enemies' actions for a while and the duo will summon the five greatest Belmonts to attack.|
- Unlike many of the rest of the game's Dual Crushes, Greatest Five won't provide any kind of invincibility while it is active. Instead, time will be frozen and will flow again once the Dual Crush finishes, so it's better to find a safe spot before casting it, unless the player is sure that the enemies won't survive.
- Both Trevor and Simon have a chance to appear as their original 8-bit sprites.
- In addition, Trevor's 16-bit sprite is a recolored version of Fake Trevor's sprite. Applying Trevor's palette onto Fake Trevor shows that it will still work on him.
- Simon's 16-bit sprite resembles his appearance on the box art of the original game.
- Juste's sprite is the only one that changes the appearance of the Vampire Killer, making it resemble its appearance in Harmony of Dissonance.
- Even though the description states that it "summon(s) four legendary warriors", there are actually five Belmonts summoned when the spell is cast: Richter, Leon, Trevor, Juste and Simon.
- Even though he rightly belongs to the Belmont family lineage, Christopher Belmont does not appear in this attack.
- As Leon was originally from a 3D game, this is the only instance where he appears in 2D sprite form.