The Inner Quarters is a location in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Initially accessed via the Dance Hall nearby, as well as the Castle Corridor and the Top Floor, the Inner Quarters consists of narrow stairways and long corridors.
Vases and other sorts of porcelain paraphernalia dot almost every room of the Inner Quarters. Curtains fall from top to bottom, often accompanying French windows which reveal much of the outer areas of the castle. Mirrors are commonplace in the hallways, as well as doors with peacock statues set above them, although they are inaccessible. Interestingly, of note of the Inner Quarters' quaint atmosphere is its influence of both French and Victorian architectures. As with most other locations in the castle, the Inner Quarters has its own warp room.
Not much information is focused on the Inner Quarters canon-wise other than Soma accessing it via the Dance Hall and acquiring the Undine soul, which allows him to walk on water surfaces. Having acquired the said soul, Soma exits the Inner Quarters and moves on to the Floating Garden.
|Item Data: Inner Quarters|
|Image||Name - Game|
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|The second spirit is the King of Bats.|| Book|
|Sell: (cannot be sold)|| Find: Inner Quarters (Galamoth's soul required to pass an obstacle)|
|Ultimate magical sword.|| Weapon|
| Attrib: Sword, Darkness|| ATK +96, CON -2, INT -2 (...)|
| Find: Inner Quarters (Galamoth's soul required to pass obstacle)|
|Restores 50% of your MP.|| Magical Item|
| MP +50%|
| Buy: $1,000 Find: Hammer's Shop, Inner Quarters|
Rare Drop: Devil, Arc Demon
|Poison-secreting sword|| Weapon|
| Attrib: Sword, Poison|| ATK +30|
| Find: Inner Quarters|
|Restores 20% of your MP.|| Magical Item|
| MP +20%|
| Buy: $150 Find: Hammer's Shop|
Rare Drop: Bone Pillar, Tiny Devil
Common Drop: Student Witch, Imp
|Loose-fitting garb of ninjas.|| Armor|
| DEF +22, STR +2, CON +2 (...)|
| Find: Inner Quarters (hidden)|
- Humorously enough, upon entering the Inner Quarters right after the Dance Hall, a Persephone is immediately seen performing a curtsy, and after bowing politely, attacks Soma afterward.
- The Inner Quarters contains the most number of "exclusive" enemies in the game, which are listed below:
- The Chronomage, standing solitary in a long hallway, leading to one of the Ancient Books.
- Curly, a more powerful version of Durga, seen in many halls and in a stairway.
- Persephone, an enemy native to this area, which is encountered on almost all rooms and hallways.
- The Kyoma Demon, who appears inside of mirrors and comes out to attack Soma when idle.
- The Witch, obviously the powerful counterpart of the Student Witch.
- Disabling Galamoth's soul when the player enters the hallway where the Chronomage is from the previously inaccessible room, will result in the Chronomage teleporting Soma to the other room beforehand.
|Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow|
|Soma Cruz • Mina Hakuba • J./Julius Belmont • Yoko Belnades • Genya Arikado (Alucard) • Hammer|
|Creaking Skull • Manticore • Great Armor • Big Golem • Headhunter • Death • Legion • Balore • Chaos|
|Castle Corridor • Chapel • Study • Dance Hall • Inner Quarters • Floating Garden • Clock Tower|
Underground Reservoir • Underground Cemetery • The Arena • Top Floor • Forbidden Area • Chaotic Realm
|Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow & Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Original Soundtrack|
|Futabasha Official Guide • NTT Pub Official Guide|
|Bestiary • Inventory • In-Game Formula • Julius Mode • Voice Translations|