He is voiced by Adetokumboh M'Cormack in the English version of the show.
Isaac is a Devil Forgemaster under Count Dracula's orders. He is a former slave bearing a grudge against his master. He joins Dracula on his revenge campaign against mankind. He had a very difficult childhood, he was severely abused. He traveled across much of Africa and the Middle East as a child and learned magic from a renegade occultist’s books.
Appearance and personality
Isaac's appearance greatly differs from his Curse of Darkness design. He appears as a tall, bald man with dark-colored skin. He wears the Devil Forgemaster uniform, the same outfit as Hector. He has the outward appearance and quiet, peaceful demeanor of a Sufi ascetic, but with a great intellect and hides his deepest emotions. He inflicts himself pain in a masochistic way, as a penitence for his "corrupted" human body and soul. He is fanatically loyal to Dracula, because he was the only person who respected him as a human being. Isaac views Dracula as both as a master and as the only true friend he ever had, and will kill any threat to Dracula without a second thought. He is distraught when Dracula banishes him to a desert (in order to spare him from being slayed by Trevor, Sypha and Alucard). After killing some bandits, Isaac decides to wage a war against humanity on his own, reviving the corpses of his assailants to serve in his army.
Powers and abilities
- Necromancy : Like Hector, Isaac has the power to revive the dead.
- Devil Forging : Isaac has the power to create new creatures of the night from corpses though, unlike Hector, he uses a knife instead of a hammer. Likewise, Isaac's creations have a red glow in their eye, as opposed to Hector's blue.
- Perhaps this is all loyalty buys in a world without love: pain in the night and death on your master's floor. Perhaps that's all that awaits me, too. But you didn't mind; you came home regardless. The lesson here is that I shouldn't care either. Dracula will bring a pure world into being; I believe that. I believe him. I want, of all things, a pure world, a clean world, where there is only loyalty and only love.
- Unlike the two characters from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, from where they were inspired from, Isaac and Hector are not rivals in the animated series.
- Despite their origins in Curse of Darkness, where they excelled in the art of summoning demons, the main occupation of both Devil Forgemasters in the animated series is to perform necromantic rituals to bring people and animals back from the dead (probably victims of previous raids) and transform them into creatures of the night in order to enlist them in Dracula's army.
- The scars Isaac has on his face were apparently made by himself throughout his frequent self-inflicted punishments, implied to have been done with his own dagger due to their shape.
- Isaac's physical appearance is based on his voice actor, Adetokumboh M'Cormack.
- Isaac's outfit design is based on his appearance in Akumajō Dracula: Yami no Juin - Fukushū no Jokyoku, a promotional Japanese comic. He wears his full Devil Forgemaster uniform, similar to Hector's.