The clocks of Stolas are some of the most precious relics in Dracula's world. The demon prince Stolas enclosed the ashes of a thousand dead bodies in these twisted hourglasses. These clocks slow time when shattered, allowing Dracula the upper hand in battle. He also accrues more experience from his kills while its effects last.
|Item Data: Stolas' Clock|
|Image||Name - Game
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|When released, the ashes envelop the punished enemies, slowing the passage of time and taking away a greater amount of combat experience when stimulated with pain.()||Secondary Weapon (Relic)
|Sequence: With the Stolas' Clock selected, press and hold [Secondary Weapon] to use it.|
|Breaking the Stolas' Clock momentarily slows the actions of enemies and awards extra Experience Points for each attack you make. Activating the Stola's Clock will cancel any other timed relic in use.||Skill (Secondary Weapon)
|Sequence: Stolas' Clock selected: Hold [Secondary Weapon]|
- An unused relic, called "Feathers of Stolas", was planed to be added in the game. This relic would have increased the experience points earned during a period of time.
- The description is somewhat inaccurate; the Relic gives experience based not on hits but on the damage dealt by those hits. High-damage attacks like the final hit of Furious Claw can result in a bonus well over 100 XP.
- It shares similarities to Sense Up, an Erinys Enchanted Soul from Aria of Sorrow that gives a 25% bonus to all Experience Points gained from killing monsters.
- XP is not gained for hits that deal no damage, such as Chaos Claw attacks against a foe with intact armor.
- It also does not really slow enemies when shattered: rather, when struck an enemy will be knocked off their feet and float slowly to the ground, allowing them to easily be juggled. Enemies in this extreme stun state cannot block or recover, and appear to treat every hit as if it is a counter.
- It is not clear if it also grants additional experience for purposes of gaining Mastery.
- Stolas' Clock does not obey its own timer against bosses and will only grant 3-4 hits before expiring.
- It does not appear to work at all on the Harpy of the Depths.
- The Art of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow; Titan Books