Strength, commonly abbreviated as STR, is a recurring statistic in the Castlevania series. The Strength a player character has determines how much damage they can deal to enemies with an equipped weapon of choice. The weapon's attack attributes matter little in whether to choose STR or INT for bonus damage, so one could theoretically use a Holy Whip and have no measure of Intelligence whatsoever, yet still do alarming amounts of damage with high Strength. Be warned, however, that in most games, sub-weapons receive no aid from Strength.
Game specific informationEdit
- All damage dealt from attacks made by Alucard that involve using what he has equipped in his hands is derived from the ATT statistic, which is increased by 1 point for every point in his STR stat.
- Due to the Attack statistic not returning in Circle of the Moon, it is left to the Strength statistic to determine how much damage Nathan deals to the enemies he encounters.
- Since the STR statistic is squared for the purposes of dealing damage, doubling the value of that statistic will actually quadruple all damage dealt.
- Note that this is the only game in the entirety of the franchise where sub-weapon damage is also directly affected by STR. In the other games, this is dependent upon the character's INT statistic.
- Again, due to the Attack statistic being absent, the duty of determining how much damage Juste deals to enemies with the Vampire Killer whip falls upon the STR statistic.
- Every 2 points in Juste's STR increases the damage dealt with the whip by one point.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Castlevania Wiki by .|