Super Bomberman R (スーパーボンバーマン R Sūpā Bonbāman R?) is an action-maze game developed by Konami and HexaDrive for the Nintendo Switch console. The game was released worldwide on March 3, 2017 as part of the Bomberman series. It is also the first main entry in over a decade, as well as being the first to be developed following the dissolution of original series developer Hudson Soft in 2012. Ports for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were released on June 2018. The game received mixed reviews by critics.
Belmont Bomber, Dracula Bomber and Alucard Bomber, characters inspired by Simon Belmont, Dracula and Alucard, respectively, are three of several Konami mascot characters that have progressively been included as part of the game's many DLCs.
Konami and Hudson Soft mascotsEdit
- Belmont Bomber, Dracula Bomber and Alucard Bomber from Castlevania.
- Upa Bomber from Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa.
- Bill Bomber and Lance Bomber from Contra.
- Goemon Bomber and Ebisumaru Bomber from Ganbare Goemon.
- Vic Viper Bomber, Vic Viper Zero Bomber and Option Bomber from Gradius.
- Solid Snake Bomber, Naked Snake Bomber and Raiden Bomber from Metal Gear.
- Tako Bomber from Parodius.
- Nyami Bomber, Mimi Bomber from pop'n music.
- Princess Tomato Bomber from Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom.
- Reiko Bomber from Rumble Roses.
- Pyramid Head Bomber and Bubble Head Bomber from Silent Hill.
- Caesar Bomber from Star Soldier.
- Shiori Fujisaki Bomber and Ayako Katagiri Bomber from Tokimeki Memorial.
- Anubis Bomber and Jehuty Bomber from Zone of the Enders.