The Time Rift (also known as "time gap") is where all the characters in Castlevania: Judgment are trapped. In order to escape, one of them must defeat the Time Reaper. This phenomenon does not respect the normal passage of time, and so allows individuals from different time periods to be in it at the same time, such as:
- Sypha Belnades from a time before Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.
- Trevor Belmont and Grant Danasty from a time after Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (but before Curse of Darkness, as mentioned in Trevor's ending).
- Simon Belmont from a year after Castlevania.
- Maria Renard from two years before Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (making it three years after Castlevania: Rondo of Blood).
- Shanoa from a time during Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (while she was still searching for Albus).
- Carmilla most likely before Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.
- Death from a time after Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and perhaps just before Legacy of Darkness.
- Cornell just before Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.
- Alucard from a time after Castlevania: Symphony of the Night after the Alucard Spear had been passed to the Lecarde family, but before it passed to Eric Lecarde.
- Eric Lecarde from ten years before Castlevania: Bloodlines.
- Golem from an unknown period after Carmilla entered the time rift.
- Dracula from a time of his resurrection after Castlevania: Bloodlines, perhaps before the Battle of 1999.
- Time Reaper from 10,000 years in the future, the general time period of the Kid Dracula games.
Against certain individuals, the Time Rift has side-effects, in Cornell's case, it locks him in beast form, in Golem's case, it gives him self-awareness; both returned to normal once they left the Time Rift back to their respective time periods.