- See also: Wolf
The White Wolf is the symbol of Dracula's love for his family and former life in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. A constant between worlds and his guide from the present to the past. Once called with the White Wolf Medallion, the White Wolf will appear and lead Dracula through a rift between the pocket universe containing his old castle and the real world, where he can explore Castlevania City.
The White Wolf is a form of Dracula's son, Alucard, who guides his father to the past in order to help him remember his forgotten promise. Alucard's ability to transform into a wolf comes from the fact that he died and became a vampire during a full moon.
Alucard's ability to turn into the White Wolf is usable in the Revelations DLC. Alucard can use this power to pass through gates, spikes, and various obstacles. It also allows for long jumping. Until he changes back from a wolf, Alucard's body will remain in one spot, vulnerable to attacks and environmental hazards.
- It is said that as soon as a vampire is "born", every detail involved in that instant places a permanent mark on the nature of the new creature. Trevor was converted by his father one night under a full moon, and he was strongly affected by its wild influence. Since then, every night that the moon is full, Alucard awakens the ability to project his spirit in the form of a white wolf and travel through the world without physical limitations. Many travellers have told stories of how, in times of need, an enormous white wolf came to them to guide them along safe paths.
|Item Data: White Wolf|
|Image||Name - Game
|Type / Users||Attributes / Consume||Statistics / Sell||Found||Notes|
|According to the Chronicles, after the destruction of Dracula's castle, an enormous white wolf came forth from the Darkness and howled at the moon on this very spot. Those who saw it said they felt comforted and protected by its presence. The story was soon known by everyone, and on nights of the full moon, multitudes gathered here fruitlessly awaiting the appearances of the mythical animal. Although eventually many have sworn to have seen it, there has never been any proof of its existence. If this story has reached our times and deserves this memorial, it is because even today it is possible to feel the warm, powerful presence of the mythical white wolf in this place.||City Memorial
|Find: Science District
- The White Wolf is a reference to Francis Ford Coppola's film Bram Stoker's Dracula. In the film, the zoo's escaped wolf appears when Dracula converses with his reincarnated wife, Mina, and they pet it together. A scene in Lords of Shadow 2 parallels this, when Dracula embraces the White Wolf in the presence of Marie after destroying Carmilla once and for all.
- In the classic series, Alucard's wolf form is never depicted to be white.
- It is very possible that Alucard was able to use the astral projection ability used to create the Spectral/White Wolf to also create Young Trevor to help lead Dracula to rediscover his humanity.
- Noticeably, the first time Young Trevor is seen, he glows in a similar manner to the Spectral Wolf.