|Warning! This article contains spoilers. Proceed at your own risk.|
She was voiced by Toks Olagundoye in the English version of the show.
Zamfir is a citizen of Targoviste and a guard of the royal family. On the day that Dracula attacked the city as revenge for the wrongful execution of his wife, Zamfir witnessed Dracula's flaming visage in the sky as blood rain and demons sieged the city. Despite surviving the assault and subsequent attacks for weeks, it broke her mind.
She became the head of the surviving guard of the ransacked city, and help hide the surviving nobility deep underground in the city's catacombs. At some point she helped spirit the corpses of the now dead royal family into the catacombs as well, coming to believe in her damaged mind that because they were magicians, that they would be able to resurrect themselves and save the city at some point. Thus, Zamfir began spreading the lie that the royal family were in the midst of a "royal sleep" to the underground survivors as a novel tale to keep their and her own spirits persevering. Despite doing what she could to keep this underground court going, she spread herself thin and prioritized them over the surviving Targoviste citizens aboveground.
As a leader of the survivors of Targoviste, Zamfir and her guards found themselves continuously under attacks by night creatures and vampires, even after Dracula's demise. She encountered the vampire hunters Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades while evading a trap set by the vampire Varney and his henchman Ratko. Aiding the two in fending off the vampire's night creatures, Zamfir told them of the remnants of the city's nobility and the underground court, though acted aloof in the details. When the two witnessed Zamfir's apathy towards Targoviste's aboveground survivors in favor of those underground, she justified it as the need for the ruling class to be prioritized for the good of the whole city. Zamfir attempted to string Trevor and Sypha along in terms of taking them to the underground court and flex her authority, but relented when they pressured her. Upon entering the underground court and witnessing the pathetic state of things, including the corpses of the royal family propped up in secret, Trevor and Sypha berated Zamfir in her delusion that everything was going to be alright. Zamfir's insistence that the royal family would awaken from death and save their "golden city" withered under the vampire hunter's scrutiny, and Zamfir admitted her knowledge of her own madness as an after-effect of witnessing Dracula's attack on the city first-hand.
Shortly after, Ratko and Varney attacked the underground court, having found its hidden location, and brought their night creatures to slaughter the remaining survivors. Zamfir fought hard to defend the sanctuary, but ended up throwing herself in-between an attack from Ratko meant for two citizens. Keeping Ratko distracted while suffering a mortal wound, Zamfir witnesses Trevor finishing the vampire off and saving her people before succumbing to her injury.
She is extremely loyal to the royal family, to the point where it mirrors an obsession. She believes that, as they were wizards, the king and queen will eventually rise from the dead and save Targoviste. With this mindset, she is able to neglect the residents of Targoviste who need aid, believing that all resources remaining in the city should stay hidden underground. However, she has a change of heart and decides to try to save the citizens instead of protecting the property of the royal family after Sypha convinces her that the people are more important.
Despite typically coming off as calm and controlled, Zamfir is actually quite unstable. She admits that she went insane upon seeing Dracula's face in the sky that day he assaulted Targoviste and has placed all her hope in the royal family to help, despite the king and queen being dead.
Despite her flaws, Zamfir is completely dedicated to defending Targoviste from vampires and night creatures. She bravely leads her people in battle. Even after being mortally wounded by Ratko, she remains defiant before the vampire and his aggressions against her city.
Powers and abilities
- Combat knowledge: Zamfir has combat expertise, either through practice or training as a guard of the royal family of Targoviste. She is proficient with blades and knives, and is able to hold her own against multiple night creatures at the same time.
- Leadership ability: As the head guard of the underground court of Targoviste, Zamfir has confidence as a leader to both her fellow guards and the people of the underground court. She runs the resistance against the night creatures and vampires that continue to try and get a foothold within the city and protects the citizens as best as she can. Despite having a skewed view of the priorities of the underground court versus those above ground, Zamfir nonetheless acts as a figurehead for survivors of the city.
- "I run the resistance against the devils. Hell itself has attempted to curse our golden city, but we will not allow it." ("Having the World")
- "Help us save Targoviste" ("Having the World
- "The court needs this. You will by God give tribute to you rulers." ("Back in the World")
- - Sypha: You're insane!
- - Zamfir: Of course I'm insane.
- - Sypha: The *** what now?
- - Zamfir: I went insane the day Dracula hit the city. I saw his face in the sky. I was like the devil himself punched the world. How could you not lose your mind, seeing hell touch your home? I sleep for two hour a night and wake up screaming ever since it happened.
- —("The Great Work")
- - Sypha: I get it now. You have been suffering for so long. Were you the last person of the noble birth left alive when Dracula struck?
- - Zamfir: I am not suffering. This is the great work. This is my glorious duty. I will save everyone by saving them.
- — ("The Great Work")
- (To Ratko) "You are not the apocalypse. You are just a man. And my people will survive you." ("Death Magic")
- "Finish it for me." (Her last words in "Death Magic")